1 lb. finely ground Beef (no leaner than 20% fat) 2 tsps. ground Cumin
2 Tbsps. Olive Oil 1 tsp. ground Turmeric
1 tsp. Salt 4 cups Beef Broth
½ tsp. Black Pepper 4 Tbsps. Flour mixed with
4 Tbsps. Chili Powder 2 Tbsps. Cold Water
- Heat the Olive Oil in a medium-size sauté pan; add the ground Beef and sprinkle with the Salt and Black Pepper.
- When the Meat has browned, place in a food processor that has been fitted with the chopping blade. Add 2 Tbsps. of the Flour and run just until the Meat is broken up into smaller pieces.
- Return to the pan and add the Chili Powder, Cumin and Turmeric along with the Beef Broth.
- Mix well and heat over medium-high heat just until the mixture begins to bubble; turn down the heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Mix the remaining Flour with the Cold Water until a smooth mixture is formed; add 2 more Tbsps. of the cooked Beef Broth and mix well.
- Add half the Flour mixture to the cooked meat and stir; continue cooking until the mixture thickens. If it appears too thin, add the remaining Flour mixture and stir again.
- Continue cooking for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve while hot.