BUTTERNUT SQUASH LINGUINI – (Zucca Ripiena di Pasta e Porri)
1 medium Butternut Squash 1/2 lb. Linguini
1 Leek 2 Tbsps. Olive Oil
10-15 whole Sage Leaves 1/4 lb. Prosciutto, julienned
2 Tbsps. unsalted Butter 1 cup fresh Peas
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- Peel the squash, cut it into one-half inch cubes, toss with a little olive oil and salt, and roast in a single layer in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until tender and brown.
- While the Squash is cooking, bring a large pot of Salted Water to a boil and cook the Fettuccini per the package directions.
- Clean and coarsely chop the leek and wash and dry the Sage Leaves.
- Heat the Butter in a large pan and add the Leek and Sage Leaves and cook the Leak until it begins to caramelize. Add the 1 Tbsp. of Olive Oil, if needed to keep the Vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Add the Cream and Nutmeg and cook over medium-low heat until the sauce thickens; add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add the Squash, Prosciutto and Peas to the Sauce.
- When the Pasta is ‘al dente’, drain and toss with the Olive Oil.
- Add the cooked Pasta to the Sauce and toss lightly; serve immediately.
Yield: 4 Servings