1 whole Frying Chicken or 1 Onion, diced
1 pkg. “Best of the Fryer” ½ lb. sliced Brown Italian Mushrooms
2 tsps. Salt 1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Pepper 6 Fresh Tomatoes or 1 # 10 can diced
1 Tbsp. Paprika Tomatoes
Olive Oil 1 – 6 oz. can Tomato Paste
2 cloves Garlic, crushed ½ bunch fresh Basil, snipped or
¾ lb. Linguini
- Cut the Chicken up into 10 pieces.
- Lightly sprinkle the Chicken parts with Salt, Pepper and Paprika.
- Thinly cover the bottom of a sauté pan with the Olive Oil and begin heating over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the Garlic, Onion and Mushrooms until they become soft; add the Chicken pieces and cook until they start browning; turn and cook the other side. Remove the Chicken pieces to a platter.
- Wash, core and dice the Tomatoes; add to the pan along with the Oregano. If the Vegetable mixture appears too thin, add the Tomato Paste. Rinse out the Tomato Paste can with a little water and add to the pan. Cook and stir until well blended.
- Return the Chicken to the pan; spoon some of the sauce over the Chicken. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the Chicken is completely cooked. Add the fresh Basil during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- While the Chicken is cooking, cook the Pasta in salted, boiling water; check the package for cooking time.
- Serve while hot over the cooked Linguini and with a green vegetable.
Yield – 6 Servings