1 1/2 lbs. Boneless Chicken Breast
Salt & Pepper
2 Tbsps. Butter
3 Tbsps. Olive Oil
1 cup Chicken Stock
6 thin slices Lemon
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2 Tbsps. soft Butter
- Pound the Chicken Breasts to 3/8” thickness.
- Season the prepared Chicken with the Salt and Pepper and sprinkle with the Paprika.
- Dip the Chicken pieces in Flour and shake off the excess.
- Using a heavy 12” skillet, melt the Butter and Oil over moderate heat.
- When the foam subsides, add the Chicken, a few pieces at a time, and sauté them until they are golden brown. (Do not crowd the pan)
- Using tongs, transfer the browned Chicken to a plate.
- Pour off almost all the fat from the skillet, leaving only a thin film on the bottom.
- Add 1/2 cup of the Stock and boil it briskly for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly and scraping in any browned bits clinging to the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Return the Chicken to the skillet and arrange the Lemon slices on top.
- Cover the skillet and simmer over low heat for 10- 15 minutes, or until the Chicken is tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- To serve, transfer the Chicken to a heated platter and surround with the Lemon Slices.
- Add the remaining Stock to the Juices in the skillet and boil briskly until the stock is reduced to a syrupy glaze.
- Add the Lemon Juice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and swirl in the 2 Tablespoons of soft Butter and pour the Sauce over the Chicken.
- Serve with Pasta or Rice
Yield: 4 Servings