COCONUT FRIED SHRIMP
15 large Shrimp Oil for Frying
1/2 cup fresh Lime Juice
2 Egg Whites
1 1/2 cups medium shred Coconut
- Remove the shell and vein from the Shrimp. (Leave the tail shell on)
- Place the Lime Juice in a 1 gallon plastic bag.
- Place the Coconut in a shallow dish such as a pie plate.
- Combine the Egg Whites and Lime Juice in a small bowl and lightly beat with a fork.
- Place a few Shrimp at a time into the bowl with the Egg White Mixture and then roll each Shrimp in the Coconut, being sure to completely cover each Shrimp.
- Refrigerate the prepared Shrimp for at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow the Coconut to set.
- Heat about 2-3” of Oil (Peanut is best) in a deep fryer or wok to 350 degrees.
- Fry a few at a time for 1 ½ minutes to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the Orange Lime Sauce below and Mango Salsa.
Yield: 4 Entrée Servings or 8 Appetizers
ORANGE LIME SAUCE
10oz jar orange marmalade
3 tablespoons tangy mustard
1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and heat until warm.