MACARONI AND CHEESE SUPREME
1 lb. Macaroni
½ cup Butter 1 lb. Cheddar Cheese*
2/3 cup All-Purpose Flour 2 Tbsps. Worcestershire
2 tsps. Salt 1 Red Bell Pepper
5 cups Half & Half or Milk 2 Tbsps. Parsley
- Mince the Parsley and Bell Pepper and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of Water to a rapid boil. Add 1 Tbsp. Salt and the Macaroni. Cook uncovered, for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain in a large colander.
- While the Macaroni is cooking, begin making the Sauce; in a large saucepan, melt the Butter and stir in the Flour until a smooth paste is formed.
- Stir in 4 cups of the Half and Half or Milk and cook, stirring constantly over a low flame until the Sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of the spoon. (If the sauce is too thick, add more of the milk to obtain the desired consistency)
- Add the Salt as indicated or to taste. (If desired, add ¼ tsp. White Pepper.) Add the Worcestershire and stir in the Bell Pepper.
- Place the cooked Macaroni in a large serving bowl; pour the sauce over the Macaroni. Serve immediately or bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with minced fresh Parsley.
Yield – 8 Main Dish Servings or 12 Side Dish Servings
*A combination of Cheddar, Jack and Gouda makes a very tasty dish.