1 lb. Flank Steak, thinly sliced against the grain
3 Egg Whites
1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
¼ cup Soy Sauce
1- 1/2 Tbsps. Sugar
1 tsp. Bean Sauce
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
1 tsp. Crushed dried Chili Peppers
3 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 – 1/2 tsps. Cornstarch
2 tsps. Water
Mai Fun Noodles
- Prepare the Marinade by beating the Egg Whites with the tablespoon of Cornstarch until smooth and lump free.
- Coat the Meat with the Marinade and set aside until ready to cook.
- Mix together the ingredients for the Sauce; set aside.
- Mix the Cornstarch with the Water until well blended.
- Slice the Scallions into 1” lengths.
- Heat about 2 cups of Vegetable or Peanut Oil in wok or skillet until very hot.
- Fry the Mai Fun Noodles; they should puff up very quickly. (DO NOT OVERCOOK!) Drain on paper towels.
- Cook the Meat in small batches in the Hot Oil, stirring constantly. Remove with a bamboo strainer or slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Remove all but 2 Tablespoons of the Oil; cook the Sauce mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Beef, Scallions, then the Cornstarch mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Arrange the Mai Fun Noodles on a serving platter and top with the Beef.
Yield: 6 Servings