PORK TENDERLOIN STIR FRY
1 Pork Tenderloin (approx. 1 lb.) ½ lb. Pad Thai Noodles
4 Tbsps. Sugar
4 Tbsps. Light Soy Sauce ½ lb. Shitake Mushrooms
5 Tbsps. Heavy Soy Sauce 2 large Carrots
4 Tbsps. Hoisin Sauce 1 Spanish Onion
4 Tbsps. Rice Vinegar 1 each Red & Yellow Bell Peppers
4 Tbsps. Ground Bean Paste
4 tsps. Sesame Oil 4 Green Onions
½ tsp. ground White Pepper ¼ cup chopped Cilantro
- Cut the Tenderloin in half lengthwise; place in a shallow dish and rub with 2 Tbsps. of the Sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining Sugar and the rest of the Filling Ingredients to make the Marinade.
- Pour half the combined Marinade Ingredients over the Meat; be sure to cover all the pieces. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Reserve the remaining Marinade.
- Cook the Noodles as per the package directions; rinse with warm water to remove the starch and set aside.
- Wash and dry the Vegetables; remove the stems from the Mushrooms and discard.
- Quarter the Mushrooms.
- Remove the seeds from the Bell Peppers and then cut into julienne strips.
- Peel and slice the Onion into ¼” slices; peel and thinly slice the Carrots.
- Thinly slice the Green Onions.
- Place about ¼ “of Water in the bottom of a shallow baking pan. Place a rack in the pan and place the Meat on it.
- Turn the oven to broil and adjust the top rack so that it is 4” below the broiler flame.
- Cook the Meat for 7 minutes or until it just starts to char; turn over with tongs and brush with the Marinade.
- Return to the broiler and cook again for 7 minutes more or just until the meat starts to char.
- Remove the meat from the heat source and let stand for about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. (Save the water in the bottom of the pan)
- While the Meat is cooling, combine the reserved Marinade with the remaining Marinade from the meat and place in a small saucepan. Cook on top of the stove over medium-high heat until it is reduced by about ¼.
- When the meat has cooled, sliced into ¼” slices.
- Add about 1 Tbsp. Peanut Oil to a wok and heat over high heat. Add the sliced Carrots, Mushrooms and sliced Onions and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the sliced Bell Peppers and stir fry for 1 more minute; remove the cooked vegetables and set aside in a covered dish.
- Add the sliced Meat to the wok along with a little of the water from the bottom of the baking pan; cook just until the meat loses most of its pink color.
- Transfer the Meat to the dish with the Vegetables.
- Place the cooked Noodles in the wok along with a little of the cooking water; once most of the water has evaporated add about 2-3 Tbsps. of the reduced Marinade to the Noodles.
- Transfer the Noodles to a serving platter; return the Meat and Vegetables to the wok with a small portion of the reduced Marinade and stir fry just until the contents are heated through.
- Place on top of the Noodles and garnish with the Green Onions and Cilantro.
- Serve immediately with Cucumber Salad or fresh fruit.
Yield: 4 – 6 Servings