2 ½ cups finely diced Turkey 2 Tbsps. Butter
2 ribs Celery 3 Tbsps. Flour
½ cup diced Green Onion 1 cup Cream
¼ cups diced Red Bell Pepper 1 tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Curry Powder ½ tsp. White Pepper
¼ tsp. ground Cinnamon
Flour 2 cups Bread Crumbs
1 Egg Beaten 1 tsp. Salt
½ tsp. White Pepper
1 tsp. Paprika
Oil for Frying
- Mix together the Turkey, Celery, Green Onion, Bell Pepper, Curry Powder and Cinnamon.
- Using a small saucepan, melt the Butter; add the Flour and stir until a paste forms.
- Slowly add the Cream; stir continuously until the mixture thickens. (the mixture will coat the back of a spoon)
- Stir in the Salt and Pepper and add to the Turkey mixture.
- Portion the Turkey mixture with a #30 food scoop (1/4 cup portions).
- Shape into croquettes and refrigerate until well chilled.
- When ready to serve, coat each croquette in the Flour, then dip in the beaten Egg and coat with the seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- Heat Peanut Oil or Vegetable Oil in a large skillet. (The oil should be about 3/8” deep)
- Fry each croquette on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with Rémoulade Sauce. (Recipe on next page)
Yield: 11-12 Patties – Allow 1 for Appetizer Serving or 2-3 for Entree
3” piece Celery 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. Capers 1 cup Peanut or Salad Oil
1 Anchovy ¼ tsp. dried Tarragon
1 Gherkin ¼ tsp. dried chervil
1 large Egg
1 Tbsp. fresh Lemon Juice
Insert STEEL BLADE in Food Processor Work Bowl:
- Cut the celery and gherkin into 3 pieces; add along with capers to the Processor work bowl and process until finely minced. Remove and set aside.
- Place the egg, lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. of oil in the work bowl and process for 60 seconds.
- While the machine is running, pour 1/4 cup of the oil into the small pusher. When it has dribbled through the hole in the bottom, start adding the remaining oil while the machine continues to run.
- When all the oil has been added and the sauce is thick stop the machine and remove the cover. Add the chopped celery, gherkin and capers and the anchovy and dried herbs. Process until all the ingredients are well blended. Serve either at room temperature or cold. Good on fish or poultry dishes.