HOMEMADE RICOTTA CHEESE
2 Quarts Whole Milk 6 Qt. Heavy Pot
1 cup Heavy Cream Colander or large Strainer
1/2 tsp. Salt Cheesecloth
3 Tbsps. Fresh Lemon Juice
1. Line a large sieve with a layer of heavy-duty (fine mesh) cheesecloth an
place it over a large bowl.
2. Slowly bring 2 quarts whole Milk, 1 cup Heavy Cream and ½ tsp. Salt to a
rolling boil in a6=quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally
to prevent scorching.
3. Add 3 Tbsps. fresh Lemon Juice, then reduce heat to low and simmer,
stirring constantly, until the mixture curdles, about 2 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into the lined sieve and let it drain 1 hour.
5. After discarding the liquid, refrigerate the Cheese until ready for use. It will
keep for 2 days in the refrigerator.