2 lbs. Ground Beef Chuck 2 Qts. Beef Chili
2 cloves Garlic 8 slices Cheddar Cheese
1 small Onion 8 Sesame Hamburger Buns
¼ cup minced Parsley Softened Butter
2 tsps. Salt
¾ tsp. Black Pepper
½ cup Bread Crumbs
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Place the ground Beef in a large bowl.
- Peel and mince the Garlic and add to the Beef.
- Peel and dice the Onion and add to the Beef.
- Add the Salt, Pepper, Bread Crumbs and beaten Eggs to the meat.
- Mix all the ingredients together very well and shape into 8 patties. (Use plastic gloves)
- Begin heating the Chili over low heat; add a small amount of water if it thickens up too much.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; Slice and Butter the Buns and place on the hot skillet. Heat until lightly browned. Remove to serving plates.
- Cook the Beef Patties on the hot skillet; turn when the first side is well browned. To test the temperature, use a meat thermometer to determine if the burgers are done. (140 degrees = medium rare but the meat will continue to cook when removed from the heat) For more well done burgers cook to 150 degrees.
- The Burgers should be done when the juices stop flowing.
- Place one Burger on each Bun bottom, top with a slice of Cheddar Cheese and approximately ¼ to ½ cup Chili on top of the Cheese. Place the Bun top over that or if preferred, serve open face.
- Sliced Onions may also be serve as part of theSandwich.
Yield: 8 Servings