SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS
2 Tbsps. Olive Oil 1/2 tsp. Oregano
1 clove Garlic 1 tsp. Basil
1 medium Onion 1 Bay Leaf
½ Green Bell Pepper ½ tsp. Marjoram
½ lb. Sliced Mushrooms ½ tsp. Black Pepper
28 oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- Crush the Garlic and dice the Onion and Bell Pepper.
- Sauté the Vegetables in the Olive Oil until they are limp.
- Add the Tomatoes and the Herbs; mix well.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
YIELD: Sauce for 1 lb. Spaghetti
1 lb. Ground Beef 1 tsp. Salt
3 Eggs ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
½ cup Bread Crumbs 3 Tbsps. Romano Cheese
1 clove Garlic ¼ cup Olive Oil
½ Onion 1 Tbsp. chopped Parsley
- Crush the Garlic and mince the Onion.
- Combine the Meat, Bread Crumbs, Eggs, Garlic, Salt, Onion, Parsley, Romano Cheese and Pepper. Mix well.
- Roll the Meat mixture into balls about the size of walnuts; place on a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Add the Meatballs to hot Spaghetti Sauce and simmer for another 15 minutes.
YIELD: approximately 12 Meatballs