CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
1 lb. fresh Asparagus 2 Tbsps. unsalted Butter
2 cups Chicken or Vegetable 2 Tbsps. Flour
Broth 1 cup Cream or ½ & ½
½ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. White Pepper
- Clean the Asparagus and cut off the tips.
- Slice the Asparagus with the 8mm (extra thick) Slicing Disc.
- Cook the sliced Asparagus in the Broth over low heat (after boiling is reached) for 5 minutes.
- Wipe out the Processor Bowl with a paper towel and insert the STEEL KNIFE (chopping blade); add the Flour and Butter and run just long enough to cut the Butter into the Flour.
- Add the Cream to the Workbowl and blend together with the Flour mixture.
- Pour into a microwave dish or 2 cup Pyrex Measuring Cup and cook at Full Power in Microwave 2 minutes; remove, stir and return for 1 minute intervals, stirring each time until the White Sauce is thick. (Alternatively, the mixture may be cooked on top of the stove in a saucepan)
- Strain the Asparagus slices from the Broth; measure 1 cup of the Broth and set aside; cook the Asparagus Tips in the remaining Broth for 3 minutes.
- Puree the Asparagus with the STEEL KNIFE; add the Creamed mixture to the Asparagus Puree along with the reserved Broth.
- Transfer the Asparagus mixture to a saucepan, and the Salt and Pepper and heat over low heat until serving temperature; for a thinner consistency stir in addition cooking liquid.
- Garnish with the Asparagus Tips.
Yield: 3 Servings (For greater yield simply double all the ingredients)