1 whole Dungeness Crab
6 large Shrimp**
6 large Scallops**
4 Tbsps. Butter
¼ cup minced Onion
4 Tbsps. Flour
Minced fresh Parsley
3 cups Chicken Stock
1 cup diced White Rose Potatoes*
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 tsp. Salt
2 ribs Celery
¼ tsp. White Pepper
- Crack or cut open the legs and claws of the crabs; remove the meat and place in a clean bowl. Pry open the body shell and rinse off under running cold water. Remove the meat and add to the leg and claw meat in the bowl. Set aside.
- Shell and de-vein the Shrimp; rinse with cool water and slice the Shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Cut each Scallop in half through the middle to make two round pieces.
- In a 4 quart saucepan, melt the Butter; when the foaming stops, add the Onion and sauté until soft; add the Celery and the Shrimp and Scallop pieces.
- Sauté just until the seafood cooks on the outside.
- Remove the Shrimp and Scallop pieces and place in the bowl with the Crab.
- Stir in the Flour until it is absorbed completely by the Butter; cook and stir for an additional minute or two.
- Add the Chicken Stock to the pot and cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Stir in the Potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Cream along with the Salt and Pepper; taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add the Seafood and simmer and stir just until it is hot; garnish each individual serving with the minced Parsley.
- Serve with hot Foccacia.
Yield: 6 Servings
* The Potatoes should be partially cooked before adding to the Bisque. They may be parboiled or micro-waved.
To parboil, place in a pot, cover with cold Water and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and cook until a fork will partially pierce the Potato.
Cool, peel and dice. It will finish cooking in the Bisque.
To microwave, pierce the Potatoes with the tines of a fork in at least 2 places. Cook at full power for2-4 minutes. The Potatoes should be partially cooked. Proceed as with the boiled Potatoes.
** Or other seafood