2-3 Tbsps. Olive Oil 2-3 cups selected Vegetables
1 Onion, diced (Carrots, Peas, Beans, Celery, etc.)
1/2 lb. sliced Mushrooms 1 cup Tomato Sauce or Crushed
4 Tsps. Beef or or diced Tomatoes
Chicken Bouillon 1/2 – 1 tsp. each Oregano or Basil
6 cups Water (or to taste)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1/2 cup Minute Rice or Pasta
- Use a Dutch Oven or large saucepan; heat the Olive Oil and then sauté the Onions and Mushrooms.
- Mix the Bouillon with 1 cup of the Water; mix well.
- When the Onion begin to brown or caramelize, add the
- Bouillon mixture and the remaining Water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cube the remaining vegetables and add to the soup;
- Cook until fork tender. (They should be al dente or not quite soft)
- Stir in the Tomato and seasonings; taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Add the rice or Pasta and cook until tender. (about 10 minutes)
- Serve hot with Bread or Crackers.
YIELD: 6 Servings
Note: Different or additional vegetables may be used. Vegetable soups are a good
place to practice creativity. Use additional seasonings as desired.