Curried Fruit Stuffing
2 loaves Bread (your favorite) cubed and toasted
2 small Onions
4 pieces Celery
2 Apples, peeled and cored
1 cup Golden Raisins
½ cup Butter
36 dried Apricots
2 tsps. Salt
3-4 Tbsps. Curry Powder
2 tsps. Leaf Sage
½ tsp. White Pepper
- Place the toasted Bread, (cut into ½” cubes) into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop (metal chopping blade of food processor) or grind the Raisins and Apricots, and add to the Bread Cubes.
- Grate (medium shredding blade) the Apples and add them to the Bread Crumbs. Toss the mixture lightly.
- While the Butter is melting in a large skillet, finely dice the Celery (metal chopping blade) and chop the Onion.
- Sauté the Onions and Celery in the melted Butter; add the Vegetables to the Bread Cubes and toss lightly again.
- Lightly beat the Eggs with the Seasonings and add to the Bread mixture; toss lightly again to moisten the moisten the Bread and evenly distribute the Fruit and Vegetables.
- Stuff poultry, packing the stuffing loosely.
Yield: enough stuffing for up to a 25 lb. bird