Golden Squash Jubilee
2 lbs. Banana Squash
1 cup dried Apricots
½ Cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
¼ cup Butter
1. Steel Knife – place the Apricots, Brown Sugar and Butter in the workbowl; pulse until the Apricots are finely chopped.
2. Transfer the Apricots to a large serving dish.
3. Peel the Squash and cut into chunks to fit the large feed tube.
4. Medium Shredder (MS) – grate the peeled Squash. Add to the Apricots, mix well and cover with waxed paper.
5. Place in microwave and cook at normal setting for 5 minutes. Stir and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
Alternative Method: Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven until the squash is of the desired tenderness. (Approximately 30 minutes)
Yield: 8 Servings