4 firm ‘Cling type’ Peaches
1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. Whole Cloves
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the skin from the Peaches following the directions below:
- a. Make a crosswise cut in the stem end, and then submerge the Peach in boiling water for 2 minutes. (The firmer the peach the longer this will take)
- b. Remove from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and place in ice water.
- c. Using a small paring knife, pull the skin from the Peach, starting at the crosswise cut previously made.
- d. Or use a vegetable peeler with a serrated blade.
2. Halve the peaches, remove pits. Drizzle with about 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Cloves, remaining Lemon Juice and Black Pepper. Boil until reduced
by about 1/2.
4. Place peaches cut-side down on a hot lightly oiled grill. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes, or until there are grill marks. Turn over and baste the cut sides with the vinegar mixture. Cover the grill and cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until softened.
Yield: 4 Whole Peach Servings or 8 Half Peach Servings