CONFETTI POTATO LATKES (Potato Pancakes)
2 lbs. Russet Potatoes ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Zucchini 1 tsp. Salt
2 Carrots ½ tsp. Pepper
3 Eggs Oil for Frying
- Scrub Potatoes, Carrots and Zucchini.
- Shred the Potatoes using the small holes on a hand grater.
- To shred the Potatoes in a Food Processor, follow the procedure below:
- Cut the Potatoes into 4 pieces the long way.
- Attach a fine shredding blade to the Processor.
- Feed the Potatoes through the small feed tube until they are all shredded.
- Shred the Carrots and Zucchini in the same way.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Potato and Vegetables; mix well.
- Fill a large skillet with 1” of Vegetable Oil and heat until hot.
- Carefully drop the Potato mixture by the tablespoon into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on a mesh rack set over a shallow pan or paper towels or brown paper.
- Serve with Cinnamon Apple Sauce while still warm or as an accompaniment for a meat dish. Latkes are also good with a sour cream topping.
Yield: 4 Servings
1 lb. Cooking Apples ½ cup Apple Juice or Water
¾ cup granulated Sugar 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Core, peel, and dice the Apples.
- Place all the Ingredients in a medium-size saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Refrigerate until ready to use or serve warm.
YIELD – 2 Cups