SEASONED FRENCH FRIES
2 large Russet Potatoes Oil for Frying
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. ground Black Pepper
1 tsp. Paprika
- Scrub the Potatoes well and then cut into Julienne strips for Fries or slice with the 6 x 6 mm Cuisinart Blade.
- Put the Potato Slices in a bowl of Ice Water until ready to cook.
- Combine the Seasonings in a small bowl and mix
- Heat about 3 inches of Peanut or Vegetable Oil in a wok or use a deep fryer. (If you use a deep fryer, fill only to the fill line on the fryer)
- Line a shallow baking pan with paper towels or brown paper and top with a cooling rack.
- When the Oil is close to 350 degrees, drain the Potatoes in a colander and then blot dry with paper towels.
- Place half the Potatoes in a 1 gallon Ziploc® bag and add two teaspoons of the Seasoning mix.
- Shake well to distribute the Seasonings to evenly coat each Potato slice.
- Fry half the Seasoned Potatoes in the Hot Oil until golden brown; remove with a slotted spoon or spider to the cooling rack.
- Fry the Potatoes remaining in the bag and repeat the removal process.
- Place the remaining Potatoes in the bag and add 2 more teaspoons of the Seasoning.
- Repeat the Frying and Draining Process.
- To keep the Potatoes warm until serving, you may place them in a 200 degree
Yield: 4 Servings
Note: Additional seasonings such as Chili Powder, Cumin, Turmeric or dried Oregano and Parsley may be used. Be creative and try your own combinations.