CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD
1 1/2 lbs. boneless Chicken Breast 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
2 cups Apple Cider 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
2 ribs Celery 1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Fuji or Gala Apples 1/8 tsp. White Pepper
1/2 cup Tomato or Sweet Pickle Relish
- Simmer the Chicken Breast in the Apple Cider; if desired, add some Celery Leaves and Onion to the cooking liquid. (about 20 minutes or until the chicken looses its pink color)
- Remove the Chicken from the cooking liquid and allow to cool.
- Dice the Celery.
- Core the Apples, quarter and dice.
- Mince the Shallots.
- When the Chicken has cooled, cut into the desired size pieces.
- Combine with the Celery, Shallots, and Relish; toss gently to mix.
- Combine the Mayonnaise with the Curry Powder, Salt and Pepper.
- Add to the Chicken mixture and gently mix.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. More Mayonnaise may be added, if a moister consistency is desired.
Yield: Approx. 6 Servings