Lion Tamer’s Salad
LION TAMER’S SALAD
½ head Iceberg Lettuce
½ lb. soft Cream Cheese
[amazon ASIN=B000ED9LIU]Shredded Coconut[/amazon]
¼ cup Cream
1 bunch thin Carrot Sticks
Canned Peach halves (1 per person)
[amazon ASIN=B000UHC3XU]Licorice Strings[/amazon]
- Wash, drain and dry the Lettuce; slice thinly, using a cutting board and a knife.
- Arrange the Lettuce on large salad plates; sprinkle the Shredded Coconut over the Lettuce; sprinkle with Paprika.
- Drain the Juice from the Peaches and arrange one Peach half in the center of each plate.
- Arrange the Carrot sticks around the top half of the Peach to look like the Lion’s Mane.
- Whip the Cream Cheese with enough of the Cream until it is soft enough to go through a pastry tube.
- Fill a pastry bag with the softened Cream Cheese.
- Squeeze a dot of Cream Cheese onto each Peach where the eyes should be; place a Raisin over each spot of Cream Cheese.
- Slice the Maraschino Cherries in half; squeeze a dab of Cream Cheese in place for the nose; place 1-2 Cherry halves over the Cream Cheese; use a toothpick to hold in place if necessary.
- Squeeze a line of Cream Cheese where the mouth and eye lashes should be; form the mouth and eye lashes with the Licorice strings.