THAI BEEF SALAD
2 (8 oz.) Sirloin Steaks (or Ribeye)
1 Red Onion
1 English Cucumber (cut into strips)
2 Tbsp. chopped Scallion
1 head of Curly, Boston or Bibb Lettuce or of your choice
1 large ripe Tomato
1 ripe Avocado (optional)
Fresh Coriander (Cilantro) to Garnish
Juice of 2 Limes
1-2 Tbsps. Thai Fish Sauce
Peanut Oil to Taste (optional)
- Wash and dry all the Vegetables.
- Grill the Steaks for 4-6 minutes for Rare. (If desired, rub the Steaks with crushed Garlic before Grilling.
- Tear or shred the Lettuce into small pieces; Core and Dice the Tomato. Peel, pit and cut the Avocado up into about 8 pieces (if using)
- Stem the Cilantro and tear apart the leaves.
- Combine the Lime Juice, Fish Sauce and Peanut Oil to taste.
- Thinly slice the Steak.
- Combine all the ingredients on a serving platter or 4 – 6 individual ones.
- Dress with the Lime Juice, Fish Sauce and Peanut Oil Mixure.
- Fish Sauce can be very Potent so start with a small amount and add more to taste as desired.