1 large head Green Cabbage 16 oz. Tomato Sauce
1 Onion, minced ½ cup Brown Sugar
1 clove Garlic, crushed ½ tsp. Salt
1 lb. Ground Beef ¼ cup Lemon Juice
2 Eggs ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
½ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Pepper
2 Tbsps. Minute Rice ®
- Core Cabbage; place in a large pot of boiling water. Allow to stand until softened. (about 5 – 10 minutes)
- Combine the ground Onion, Garlic, Beef, Eggs, Salt and Pepper; mix
- Add the Rice and mix to combine evenly.
- Separate the Cabbage leaves and place on a work surface. Chop the smaller pieces and place in the bottom of a Dutch oven.
- Place a scoop of the meat mixture (about ¼ cup) in each cabbage leaf; wrap and place, fold side down on top of the chopped cabbage.
- Combine the Sauce ingredients and pour over the Cabbage Rolls.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and then turn the heat down to simmer and cook for about 1 ½ hours.
- Serve with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.
YIELD: 4 Servings