1 lb. Breakfast Link Sausages 1 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp. Honey Mustard ½ tsp. Salt
2 Tbsps. Red Currant Jelly 2 cups Milk
1/2 cup Orange Juice 4 Eggs
- Fry the Links in a heavy skillet until they are lightly browned and most of the fat has cooked out.
- Remove the Sausages and blot off the fat with a paper towel; drain the Fat* from the sausages into a 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
- Add the Mustard, Jelly and Orange Juice to the skillet and cook until it starts bubbling.
- Return the Sausages to the skillet and cook and turn in the Sauce until the Sauce thickens and the Sausages become glazed.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare the Yorkshire Pudding Batter by combining the Eggs, Milk, Flour and Salt in a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Thoroughly beat the Pudding Ingredients until they are well combined, either with a rotary beater or an electric mixer fitter with the wire whisk. (The more you beat, the higher the pudding will rise)
- Place the pan with the Sausage drippings in the oven and heat until the Fat is hot. (About 5 minutes)
- Arrange the cooked Sausages in the pan with the drippings and pour the Pudding Batter on top of the Sausages and immediately close the oven; bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees, then reduce the heat to 400 for an additional 10 minutes. Again reduce the oven to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the pudding is lightly browned. (DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DURING THE INITIAL BAKING PERIOD)
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
*Butter may be substituted for the Sausage Fat
YIELD: 8 Servings