CRANBERRY SAUCE BISCUITS
2 cups All-Purpose Flour 1/2 cup Soft Butter
4 tsps. Baking Powder 2/3 cup Sour Cream
½ tsp. Cream of Tartar ½ cup Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
2 tsps. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
- Adjust oven racks to positions 2 & 4 and turn oven to 450 degrees; lightly grease two baking pans
- Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Cream of Tartar, Sugarand Salt in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Place the leftover Cranberry Sauce in a sieve or strainer placed over a bowl and allow the excess liquid to drain.
- Cut the Butter into the Flour with a pastry blender until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Add the Sour Cream and stir with a fork until all the Flour is moist.
- Stir in the Cranberry Sauce.
- Turn out onto a board which has been lightly sprinkled with Flour and knead gently for 30 seconds.
- Roll out to 1/2” thickness; cut out with round or square biscuit cutters.
- Place on the prepared pans and bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown.
YIELD: 12 Biscuits
Note; The strained liquid from the Cranberrie may be combined with sparkling water or wine and used as a delicious spritzer.