1 ½ lbs. large raw Shrimp ¼ tsp. Saffron
2 cloves Garlic, minced ¼ tsp. freshly ground Pepper
2 Basil Sprigs, minced
Juice of 1 Lemon
¼ cup Olive Oil
- Slit the Shrimp down the backs (leave the shells on) and wash out the vein. Place the cleaned shrimp in a shallow dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make the Marinade.
- Pour the Marinade over the Shrimp and toss to completely coat the Shrimp.
- Allow to marinate for up to 30 minutes, but no longer!
- Heat a stovetop griddle or barbecue.
- Using tongs, place the Shrimp shell side down on the hot griddle. Cook for 1 minute or until the shell turns pink.
- Turn over and cook the other side for 1 minute more.
- Using the tongs, place each shrimp, flesh side down on the hot surface and cook for one minute more. (the shrimp’s tails should be facing up)
- Remove to a serving platter and serve with Cocktail or Marinara Sauce.
Yield: 4 large Servings