1 Onion 1 cup Tomato Sauce
1 clove Garlic 1 tsp. Salt
2 cups Long Grain White Rice ½ tsp. Pepper
¼ cup Vegetable Oil 4 cups Water or Chicken Broth
1 cup fresh Corn Kernels
½ cup shredded Carrots
- Peel and dice the Onion; peel and crush the Garlic.
- Heat the Oil in a medium-size skillet.
- Sauté the diced Onion, crushed Garlic and the Rice in the Hot Oil.
- When the Rice begins to brown, stir in the Tomato Sauce and Salt and Pepper.
- Add the Liquid, stir and cover tightly; when the mixture begins to gently boil, turn the heat down to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed by the Rice. (The rice should be tender)
- Stir in the Corn and Carrots and continue cooking uncovered for 5 minutes longer.
YIELD – 8 Servings