PAPPARDELLE with MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE
1/4 lb. Pancetta (optional)
3/4 lb. fresh White Mushrooms
1/2 lb. fresh Shitake Mushrooms
3 Tbsps. Olive Oil
2 Tbsps. minced Garlic
2 Tbsps. Butter
1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. White Pepper
1 lb. Papparadelle Pasta, cooked
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Peel and mince the Shallots.
- Cut the Pancetta into thin strips and fry in a small pan until the fat renders out and the Pancetta has become slightly crisp.
- Wipe the White Mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel; slice thinly.
- Cut the stems off the Shitake Mushrooms, wipe clean with a damp paper towel and slice about 1/4” thick.
- Heat the Olive Oil over medium-high heat in a sauté pan; add the Shallots and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the Garlic and continue cooking just until the Shallots turn a pale gold.
- Add all the Mushrooms and Salt and sauté over medium-high heat; stir while cooking until the Mushrooms are very lightly browned.
- Add the cooked Pancetta and sauté for about 3 more minutes; turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 10 minutes or until the liquid from the Mushrooms is absorbed.
- Add the Butter; when the Butter melts add the Cream and Pepper.
- Raise the heat to high and cook, stirring, until the Cream is reduced by half.
- Add the cooked Papparadelle; stir gently with a soft spatula to completely cover the Pasta with the Sauce; stir in the Parmesan.
- Serve garnished with halved Cherry Tomatoes and shredded fresh Basil Leaves.
Yield: 6 Servings