QUICK & EASY NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
2 large White Rose Potatoes 2 tsps. Salt
1 medium Onion 2 cups Milk
1/4 cup Butter 4 cups chopped Clams
1/2 cup Flour 1/2 tsp. White Pepper
4 cups Water
- Peel and dice the Onion; peel and cube the Potatoes.
- Melt the Butter in a large saucepan over low heat; add the Onions and sauté until they soften and begin to brown.
- Stir in the Flour until the mixture looks like a paste.
- Slowly add the Water, stirring constantly. Add the cubed Potato and cook until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the Milk and cook until hot; stir in the Clams and Pepper. Add additional Salt and Pepper if desired.
YIELD: 8 Servings