DOUBLE BAKED POTATOES
2 Baking Potatoes 2 oz. Cheddar, shredded
2 Tbsps. Butter, melted Snipped Chives
2 Tbsps. Sour Cream or Milk
1 tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Pepper
- Scrub the Potatoes; poke holes at either end with the tines of a fork. Bake in a 350 degree oven until soft (about 1 ½ hours)
- When soft to the touch, remove the Potatoes from the oven and allow to sit at room temperature until cool to the touch.
- Cut each Potato in half lengthwise; scoop out the cooked Potato into a bowl, being careful not to damage the skins.
- Place the Potato Skins on a baking sheet.
- Mash the cooked Potato, then add the Butter, Sour Cream, Salt and Pepper. Mix well.
- Add the Chives and grated Cheese and mix again.
- Scoop back into the Potato Shells with a soup spoon or pipe from a pastry bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings