MASHED POTATOES with CARAMELIZED ONIONS
2 lbs. Russet Potatoes 2 Yellow Onions
1 tsp. Salt 4 Tbsps. Butter
½ cup Milk
4 Tbsps. Butter
½ tsps. Black Pepper
- Peel and cube the Potatoes (cut into 1” squares). Cover with cold water, add the 1 tsp. Salt and cover.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until fork tender.
- Drain the Water and mash with a potato masher; beat in the 4 Tbsps. Butter and the Milk and Pepper. Taste to see if additional Salt is needed.
- While the Potatoes are cooking, peel and dice the Onions.
- Melt 4 Tbsps. Butter in a medium skillet; sauté the Onions until they caramelize.
- Combine the Caramelized Onions with the Mashed Potatoes; serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven until serving time.
Yield: 6 – 8 Servings